As a society, we have been conditioned to use food to numb ourselves when we feel out of control. Today’s guest is Samantha Skelly, founder of Hungry for Happiness and the creator of the I’mperfect movement.
After ending her dancing career, Samantha found herself gaining weight and falling into the “dieting” mindset. It was only after three years of failing forward and cultivating trust in herself and her body that she overcame her disordered eating. Through Hungry for Happiness she has created a safe place with accessible and affordable online recovery materials for those who are suffering in silence from eating disorders.
In this episode, you will…
- Learn how Samantha decided she wasn’t going to diet anymore
- Hear how disordered eating can sabotage the amount of love in your life and the quality of your relationships
- Be inspired by how Samantha overcame her disordered eating by looking within herself
- Find out the importance of putting self-care first
- Discover three daily tips to overcome emotional eating and binge eating
- Learn what we’re all doing wrong when it comes to losing weight
[Tweet ““Love yourself, then you’ll have more confidence to create what you want.” @samanthaskelly”]
Listen to the Podcast
Watch the Podcast
To learn more about the movement click here: www.hungryforhappiness.ca